CMU’s Andy Malt and Chris Cooke review key events in music and the music business from the last week, including the Digital, Culture, Media & Sport Select Committee hearing which saw music industry experts and representatives updating MPs about the work that has been ongoing within the music community since the committee published its report last year on the economics of music streaming.
<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span><span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>
SUBSCRIBE TO SETLIST
Listen to Setlist and sign up to receive new episodes for free automatically each week through any of these services…
Acast | Amazon Music | Apple Podcasts | audioBoom | CastBox | Deezer | Google Podcasts | iHeart | Mixcloud | RSS | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn
STORIES DISCUSSED THIS WEEK
• Artist remuneration remains a key sticking point as MPs return to the economics of streaming debate
• DCMS Economics Of Streaming Inquiry timeline
• Music consumption at all time high powered by streaming and video apps
• IFPI Engaging With Music report 2022 (ifpi.org)
• MMF Song Royalties Manifesto (themmf.net)
• Watch the DCMS select committee hearing (parliamentlive.tv)
• CMU Podcast: Spotify mechanicals, BBC pay, BBC music show with guest presenter Becky Brook (July 2017)
MORE FROM CMU
• Upcoming CMU webinars
• Buy MMF and CMU Insights’ Dissecting The Digital Dollar book on Amazon
• Sign up to receive the CMU Daily news bulletin
• Listen to the full Setlist theme tune
CLICK ACCEPT to continue. CLICK HERE for full details on our privacy, data and cookies policy.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.